Monday, August 28, 2006

Revenge of the Next Generation

The other day couple of my friends from Turku dropped by. It's always fun when some of my geeky (I mean that in a positive way) friends visit me...that way I don't feel such a loner among my cool and hip friends (I also mean that in a positive way). I have couple of semi-nerd friends also so it makes life easier :D They don't fan scifi but you can't get everything.

Me and my Turku friend had some wonderfull conversations about differences in hyperspace speeds in Star Trek and Star Wars as my semi-nerd friend 'T' acted as chairman. I am a dedicated Star Wars fan and my friend 'J' is a total Star Trek lunatic ;) It's always fun to ask these 'contra-genre' questions and test the knowledge of rival Sci-fi fan.

What was the name of the guy who invented warp engine in Star Trek? Correct answer get's my sympathies.

Oh, well, they are leaving soon so I have to go back to my normal life where there are no-one to play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with. It continues to collect dust and after forcing my friends watch SW trilogy several times in the past there is no hope they will get exited of my nevest idea "lets watch the old trilogy and the new one in one night?" either. I have to do it myself. *make a mental note to buy lots of cola and chips*

I have now exactly 6 days left of my unemployment oriented vacation and soon I must journey towards the mothly salary and early wakeups.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
Written by Bilbo Baggins of Shire, later translated by J.R.R. Tolkien for the book "Hobbit" ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home