Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Show us the meaning of Haste

It's been quite hectic 2 weeks. Today was the first time I even remembered that I have a blog and I need to update it :)

Yeah, I'v been working my ass off lately and for a change it's fun. I love what I do (woden how long it gonna last, I thought that I never get bored of macaroni and minced meat but I did...Life is trylu strange). Last Monday I worked 13,5 hours (my personal best) and usually I do overtime from 15mins to 2-3 hours. Those days are rare when I work the normal time.

I'm not here to brag about my workng hours, I'm just saying that wometimes work is fun (don't get me wrong...I'm not doing overtime because work is fun, I'm doing it to get more time off during holidays...that way I can travel somewhere warm for weeks)

So during these couple of weeks I'v learned one valuable lesson: Always ask same quiestions twice. You'd be amazed what answers you get the second time over.

I asked from my boss "when is the deadline of this one anonymous project?" and he replied "Thursday" (It was monday at the time)

Then I asked "when does this need to be ready?" (Same question, different spelling)
The aswer was "Tomorrow".

Somehow 48 hours of work shrink into 12 hours. So I stayed overtime (that was the 13+ day)

But who cares, It's fun.

When I was a kid I never thought that I would draw for work (though, I dreamed of it), But now I do. And I get a decent salary from doing it. I can't complain. I'm happy this way.

Oh, If there is something to complain about it's the coffee. Sometimes is pretty "tasty" in a bad way :D But it's better than no coffee at all... so no complaints there either.

Oh, Now I got it! My back! Today I had this awfull pain in my back when I picked up my sneakers from my friends balcony door. It was like terrible. Everything went bright white for a second or so. Now it's pretty ok. No pain no gain.

It's getting late now so I leave you with my warm thoughts and please comment so I can hear from you (friends or foes :)

Ttys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home